Sunday, June 3, 2012

We continue

February, March,April 2012;

Once I returned from Sudan, meetings were held, purchasing started as there were things that needed to be put into place for me to return to Thiangrial and live with the people I love.  However it was not going to be in the timing I thought it would.  AFter about a week, I started having problems with my right knee, after a while I had our team doctor look at it, but we didn't think it was anything serious.  Well after about two weeks it was getting worse.  Once again I was put into a situation where I was ready to go back to Sudan but my body wasn't. 
    "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD.  As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9
     As I reflect back on this time (it is now June) I realize that had I been in South Sudan when this knee pain started, it very well could of gotten worse and worse until I couldn't walk, and that would of meant and emergency evac.  "He knows the plans He has for me, plans to prosper and not to harm, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11.
     During these months,I have had the opportunity to join the logistics staff again, and help them through the many trials they face in getting this team in and out of Sudan.  I thank God for this time of renewed relationships.  Meet once again the logistics team for SIM Sudan 
 I have had the opportunity to be with all my team mates.  April SIM Sudan had their Spiritual life conference, which is a time of refreshment, being together as a team, spiritual renewal and worshiping our Lord and Savior.  What a blessing.  It can get pretty cold in Nairobi and I think when the photo below was taken it was 58.  That is cold for people who normally live in South Sudan.

                                             Susan, Karissa, Debbie, and Christiane  
I thank the Lord for all that He has allowed me to be a part of.  Even though I am not back in South Sudan, I know without a shadow of a doubt I am right in the middle of His will.

No comments: