Sunday, April 13, 2008

Life in Thiangrial


The living is hard, but I rest on Philippians 4:13:
I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.”
This is a picture of the compound I live on. You can't see the fence, but it is made out of Balsa Wood, the lightest wood I think I have every picked up. I am on a extended camping trip.
Praise God for His Provisions.



I Thank God for the VBS children at EBC, who broke piggy banks, asked parents and others to raise the support needed to buy this tent my home. God Bless

My tent is wonderful, and God has provided a bed, plastic drawers to keep my clothes in, a plastic table and chairs, and oh I don’t want to forget my bucket bathroom, for the nights.



We cook over a charcoal fire open flame in the open, we have a tarp for protection from the Sun and this is where we eat. The days seem to go by and at the end of the day I wonder where the day has gone.







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

More pictures!! We love it. We were wondering which tent is yours, the one we see on the right or on the left? Also, what are the red, bubble wrap looking pieces in the trees for? They're in a couple of pictures. You look very happy in the tent. What a blessing to get to see your smiling face in the place that God has you!

Jen said...

That hut with a thatched roof looks incredible! And it is wonderful to have some pictures to associate with where you are living. Can't wait to hear more about your life in Sudan.

Anonymous said...

From the kids at EBC:

Spencer, 6: We will pray for you!

Steven Im 6 years old. God loves you. We pray for you at night when its time for us to go to bed.

Grace, 6: Hi! I know how much need to work - I have to work to.

Sam Dettwyler, 6: We or hape that you got to go.

Sam T., 8: (pictures of flowers a sun and 3 people)

Amos, I am 7 years old. God love you!

Eli, age 8: God Bless you!!

Dear Debbie - I am 7 - my name is Sarah K. (nice picture of flowers, sun a tree and a house)

Hi, How are you? Love, Janella Wallace, Age 11

Good luck in Sudan. Love Rachel Stadeli, Age 10 3/4

Hi this is Emma Morrison. I think it is sooo cool what you are doing for Christ!! Love, Emma, age 10

Hey, I laughed when I heard about the bees and your hair. Love, Makayla Kuenzi, age 10

Lucas: age 9, God Saves!

Lee Aman: age 10, God loves you: and he cares for you and he will always protect you. You just need to have faith in him.

Joe Wenger, age 9, Gods with you. Love, Joe

Josiah, age 11

Johnny Roth, age 10