Wednesday, May 19, 2010

God is Soverign

We never know what things we will face in a day's time:

On January 31st after dropping off the team from EBC at the airport, I was on my way back home. I was riding in a van and as we were driving down the road one of the things that I noticed was how light traffic was, normally traffic in Nairobi is not only bumper to bumper but also side to side, you couldn't move out of the way if you had to.

We were coming upon a big round-about and were watching traffic moving on the other side of the road. We could both (the driver and me) tell that there was something wrong with a bus on the opposite side of the road, it seemed to be out of control and heading right for us. God gave Sammy (the driver) an awareness to recognize a problem, and because of the light traffic Sammy was able to move the front of the van just a little which stopped a head on collision, and saved our lives.

I remember thinking we had cleared the problem with the bus when all of a sudden we were slammed into, it was like I was on the outside watching what was happening and seeing my body being thrown around like a rag doll. I didn't have any time to stiffen up or brace myself, I just went with the impacts.

God protected and spared not only my life, but Sammy's and all the people who were on the bus. There were no serious injuries and no fatalities. We thank God for the protection He showed us.

No comments: