Sunday, December 16, 2007

To God Be The Glory

Well it has been awhile since I last updated. So much has happened since then. Training was completed on November 9th, and than I flew back to Oregon with just a month to finish preparing for my departure date of December 11th.

It was wonderful to be back with family and friends to worship with them, to spend time fellowshiping, to be back home. Where is home well for me it is where ever God has me laying my head down at night.

So the month home was spent purchasing things still needed to go with me, pack the action packers then repack the action packers. Continued communication with the airlines, saying my farewells. My church Emmanuel Bible Church held a commissioning service for me on December 9th, than the evening of the 9th, they planned a farewell party which I like to say was a PRAISE THE LORD PARTY!!!! It was a wonderful time.

December 11th was departure date. I arrived in Africa on December 12th, after 21 hours in the air. Praise God for the good flights.
So what am I doing now. More prepartion,getting to know people, adjusting to an 11 hour time difference. Repacking the action packers, yes once again. New sounds, new food, new language. Praise God.


TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY

4 comments:

Jen said...

We're so glad you arrived safely. We look forward to hearing more!

Anonymous said...

We are glad that you made it to Africa safe and sound! Prayers continue to go up for you. Chris and I will always have a soft spot in our hearts for you Debbie. Now I have to remember to check this out more often, and Chris will have to read over my shoulder.
Your friends in Oregon, Chris and Janae Propeck

Anonymous said...

We are so glad to hear from you. We've put your blog in our favorites and will be checking on you!

Much love, and prayers coming your way dear!

Dejan and Michelle Azdajic

Anonymous said...

Thank you for taking the time to share and keep us connected. Photos are a huge bonus, too! Thank you for following God's leading and for allowing us all to join you on the journey. Our love and prayers are with you every day!